An operation theatre may very well be considered as the "heart" of any major surgical hospital. An operating theatre, also known as an operating room, surgery suite or a surgery centre is the sanctum sanctorum within a hospital wherein surgical and other operations are carried out.
The patient being the centre point of a functioning OT complex for he/she is in isolation for varying times, away from his near and dear ones and is physically sick and Efforts are therefore directed to maintain vital functions, prevent infections / promote healing with safety, comfort and economy.
At Unity Hospital, we strive to ensure that the surgical experience of the patient is as smooth and comfortable as possible and is free of any untoward incidences.
In this context, we have built our Operation theatre suite developed on a holistic concept which integrates principles of civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, biomedical engineering and electronic engineering an effort driven and coordinated by the by the needs /preferences and safety of the operating personnel and the patient.
The theatres are designed to incorporate the traditional four zone philosophy which includes the following:
(1) Protective zone: It includes
- Change rooms for all medical and paramedical staff with conveniences
- Transfer bay for patient, material & equipment
- Rooms for administrative staff
- Stores & records
- Pre & post-operative rooms
- I.C.U. and P.A.C.U.
- Sterile stores
(2) Clean zone : Connects protective zone to aseptic zone and has other areas also like
- Stores & cleaner room
- Equipment store room
- Maintenance workshop
- Kitchenette (pantry)
- Firefighting device room
- Emergency exits
- Service room for staff
- Close circuit TV control area
(3) Aseptic zone - Includes operation rooms (sterile)
(4) Disposal zone
The Operation theatres at Unity Hospital have incorporated the futuristic concept of Trespa paneling with bacteria resistant walls which ensures absolute sterility within the theatre. Added to this, all the theatres are equipped with laminar airflow with HEPA filters, ozone sterilisers which offer maximum security from infections.
The theatres are equipped with state of the art anaesthesia workstations along with other surgery specific equipment such as
- 5 state-of-the-art operation suites
- Operation Suite is the first of its kind in India with Trespa Panels, incorporated with anti-microbial property
- Laminar Flow
- Hepa Filters
- Image Intensifiers
- High-end Anesthesia workstation with all monitoring facilities
- Dedicated Cardiac, Orthopaedic, Neuro, General Surgical and ENT Operation Theatre
- Top-end Laparoscopic Unit with 3 Chip Camera and HD Monitor
- Complete Harmonic Scalpel Gen II Set
- Fully equipped with Arthroscopic Unit
- Moller HiR700 Microscope
- Midas Rex Pneumatic Drill
- ERBE High-end Cautery
- Micro surgical Instruments
- Post Operative ward equipped with monitoring facilities